I have been interested in leadership development for many years, and servant leadership in particular. When I examine my own leadership style, and how and what I choose to teach, servant leadership is a recurring theme. Because I enjoy teaching topics close to my heart, I created a workshop (or series of workshops) on Servant Leadership, and I’m sharing my materials and links to other writing and resources.
I was recently asked to conduct workshops on Leading Without Authority, and I’ll post that outline as soon as it is completed. My focus in those workshops will be the application of the principles of Servant Leadership, even if we don’t use that terminology. I have several workplace examples and scenarios we can use to practice a Servant Leadership approach, those will be included in the materials.
- https://reclaimingjournal.com/sites/default/files/journal-article-pdfs/14_3_Herman_Marlowe.pdf (article about teachers as servant leaders)
- http://www.spearscenter.org/docs2010/ServantLeadershipVideoDiscussionGuide‐Spears1999.pdf (this is an outstanding overview/outline of a servant leadership course, but I’m not sure the official materials are still available.)
- Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness
- Forgiveness and Power in the Age of Atrocity: Servant Leadership as a Way of Life
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- The 8th Habit